Creating your first Merchant
To start accepting payments, you'll need to create a Merchant ID (MID) in the BVNK portal. They are also useful for segmenting your account and separating your brands.
Merchant ID (MID) facts
- Creating a merchant will also generate a unique Merchant ID (MID).
- One MID must be linked to a wallet and can only be linked to one. E.g.: "Merchant 1" is linked to a "BTC wallet". "Merchant 1" can't be linked to a separate wallet".
- A wallet can be linked to one or more MIDs. E.g.: a "BTC Wallet" is linked to "Merchant 1" and "Merchant 2".
A different currency can be chosen when processing payments (in and out). Conversion fees apply.
- Navigate to the "Manage merchants" section in your Settings.
- Set a name for your merchant.
- Select the wallet that will be linked to this merchant. A merchant can only be linked to one wallet but a wallet can be linked to more than one merchant.
You can have as many merchants as you need to build your product - each merchant can have its own branding, name, and currency, and is attached to one of your wallets in your Virtual Account.
Optionally, add a webhook URL to track payment changes related to this merchant.
From this page, you'll be able to see all the details relating to your Merchant.
|Merchant Name||The name your customers will see on your payment pages as the recipient of the payment they are sending.|
|Merchant ID||The ID (MID) associated with the Merchant|
|Secret Key||The secret you will use to validate webhooks sent to your Webhook URL.|
|Webhook URL||The URL that BVNK will send webhooks to.|
|Wallet||The wallet that all your payments for this merchant will settle into.|
Updated 26 days ago